Mumbai In our continuing quest to communicate here is something of a photographic essay on some of the things I’m taking away from my last 11 days in India as I head back to the states, that I thought I would share, and that I hope you enjoy and feel like you were with me:
- Every dawn walking on Juhu Beach there is a group of men, sometimes a half-dozen and sometimes twenty having their own “tea party” before they are gone at 630 AM.
- “I Love India” on one of the colorful trucks in front of Dharavi.
- A special way of pouring coffee in order to cool the tin cups for drinking at the Hotel Ram Ashray Coffeehouse.
- One of our young Dharavi Rocks recyclers rapping in front of our office for a camera crew from Tele-metro – Panamanian TV.
- Time for a nap on the street in Dharavi.
- Finding Vinod’s office across from the MIG Cricket Club in Bandra East.
- Finding files in Vinod’s office might be harder!
- A condo high rise is being built to replace the great Sea View Hotel Restaurant & Beer Bar overlooking Juhu Beach, which had been my favorite spot in all of Mumbai!
- The view from Vinod’s living room window of the Bay where the Portuguese landed hundreds of years ago when settling the great Mumbai as a fishing village on seven islands in what is now Bandra West.